Copper Creek Lake Park
- Bike Trail
- Open green space
- Picnic Areas
- Playground equipment
- Swing Set
- Woodland nature trail
Located on East University Avenue, this park is easily accessible from Pleasant Hill and Des Moines. A lighted 1.22 mile trail surrounds this beautiful 40 acre lake filled with a diverse selection of plants and wildlife. Cyclists and walkers can enjoy traveling through the heart of this park as a part of the Four Mile Creek Greenway Trail system, which connects Pleasant Hill to several other communities in the Des Moines Metropolitan Area.
The Copper Creek Lake Park shelter is open on four sides, features one outside charcoal grill, and two 20-amp Electrical outlets. There are four 10 foot picnic tables. Shelters are on a first come first serve basis unless reserved. The cost to reserve a shelter is $35 per day. Full payment must be received to reserve a shelter.
Click here for reservations or to check shelter availability.
For more information contact City Hall at (515) 262-9368, or by going to City Hall at 5160 Maple Suite A.
Boating & Fishing Regulations
- Carry-in, non-gas powered, non-inflatable watercraft only
- Boat ramp is for emergency vehicles only
- Enter and exit at designated launch area only
- Watercraft must be attended to at all times
- Watercraft must be registered with the Iowa DNR
- Iowa DNR boating and fishing and Person Flotation Devices regulations apply