- Boards & Commissions
- Public Arts Advisory Commission
Public Arts Advisory Commission
The Public Arts Advisory Commission advises and assists the Council in the promotion of public art and performing arts within the City's physical environment and public spaces.
The primary duties of the Commission are to:
- Advise the Council on the acquisition, placement, and maintenance of public art on
propertyof the City.
- Hold regular public meetings and maintain a written record of proceedings.
- Establish guidelines to carry out the public art and performing arts program.
- Make recommendations to the City Council on the amount and allocation of budgeted City funding for the arts programs and services.
annualreport to the City Council summarizing activities during the preceding year and recommendations for the proposed activities for the succeeding year.
- Explore and advocate for new, non-city sources for funding for the arts.
The Public Arts Advisory Commission meets on the fourth Monday of January, March, May, July, September, and November. The meetings are at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 5160 Maple Drive in Pleasant Hill.
|Amanda James, Chair||6-30-26|
|Suzanne Cantrell, Vice-Chair||6-30-24|
- Commission Member Application (PDF)
- Policy Guidelines for Appointee (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 805 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>