Parking Violation and Fine Schedule
City of Pleasant Hill Parking Violations and Fines
Parking Fine Payment Options
There are two options for paying your parking ticket:
- Pay by mail with a check or money order to: City Clerk’s Office, City of Pleasant Hill, 5160 Maple Drive, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
- Pay in person at City Hall, located at 5160 Maple Drive, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327. Cash, Check, Money Order, Debit or Credit Card
Below is a list of the current parking fine schedule. After 30 days, remit additional $10.
|Description of Violation||Pleasant Hill City Code||Fine Amount||Language in the Ordinance|
|Overtime Parking||70.06(4)||$30||Parked Over Twenty-four Hour Period. When any vehicle is left parked for a continuous period of twenty-four (24) hours or more.|
|Illegal Parking||70.05||$30||In any proceeding charging a standing or parking violation, a prima facie presumption that the registered owner was the person who parked or placed such vehicle at the point where, and for the time during which, such violation occurred, shall be raised by proof that:|
1. Described Vehicle. The particular vehicle described in the information was parked in violation of the Traffic Code, and
2. Registered Owner. The defendant named in the information was the registered owner at the time in question.
|Handicapped Parking||69.07||$100||No unauthorized person shall establish any on-street persons with disabilities parking space without first obtaining Council approval.|
|Snow Route||69.10||$50||No person shall park, abandon or leave unattended any vehicle on any public street, alley, or City-owned off-street parking area during any snow emergency proclaimed by the Police Chief, a police officer or the Streets and Utilities Manager unless the snow has been removed or plowed from said street, alley or parking area and the snow has ceased to fall. A snow emergency parking ban shall continue from its proclamation throughout the duration of the snow or ice storm and the forty-eight (48) hour period after cessation of such storm except as above provided upon streets which have been fully opened. Such a ban shall be of uniform application and the Police Chief is directed to publicize the requirements widely, using all available news media, in early November each year. When predictions or occurrences indicate the need, the Police Chief, a police officer or the Streets and Utilities Manager shall proclaim a snow emergency and the Police Department shall inform the news media to publicize the proclamation and the parking rules under the emergency. The emergency may be extended or shortened when conditions warrant.|
|Fire Lane||70.03||$75||No person shall stop, stand or park a vehicle in a fire lane as provided herein.|
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 321.236)
1. Fire Lanes Established. The Fire Chief may designate fire lanes on any private road or driveway where deemed necessary to assure access to property or premises by authorized emergency vehicles.
2. Signs and Markings. Wherever a fire lane has been designated, the Fire Chief shall cause appropriate signs and markings to be placed identifying such fire lanes and the parking prohibition established by this section.
3. Exception. The provisions of this section do not apply to authorized emergency vehicles.
I want to contest the Parking Ticket I received
Any person who feels that a parking ticket was issued in error must call the Police Department at 515-265-1444 within within 7 business days to request an appeal form.
Click here to download a copy of the "Intent to Contest Citation" form. This form along with the citation should be sent to: Polk County Traffic Violations, Polk County Courthouse, 500 Mulberry St., Room 103, Des Moines, IA 50309.
What happens if I don't pay my Ticket on-time?
After a period of time, your ticket will be turned over to a collection agency. This could ultimately affect your personal credit rating.
The City may also tow any vehicle with four (4) or more delinquent parking tickets on any City street or property. A ticket becomes delinquent when it is not paid within 30 days nor appealed as per above instructions.