Best Management Practice Reimbursement Program
Stormwater Runoff and Best Management Practices
Stormwater runoff is rain, snow melt, or surface drainage that does not infiltrate into the ground. It instead runs off impervious surfaces like paved streets, parking lots, and roof tops picking up sediment and debris along the way. Best Management Practices (BMPs) are designed to capture runoff where it lands, infiltrate it into the ground, or slow it down allowing pollutants and sediment a chance to settle out before reaching nearby rivers or streams. BMPs may include but are not limited to rain barrels, soil quality restoration, rain gardens, bioretention cells, permeable paver systems, and native planting buffers/swales.
What is the Cost-Share Reimbursement Program?
The City of Pleasant Hill Best Management Practice (BMP) cost-share program. The goal of this program is to encourage individual landowners to incorporate BMPs on their property to aid in water quality improvements and offset the cost of installation. The City of Pleasant Hill will provide reimbursement for the installation of most BMPs up to 50 percent or $750, whichever is the lesser value and rain barrels up to 50 percent or $75, whichever is the lesser value. Limit one reimbursement for rain barrels per address. Funding is available to applicants on a first come basis and is subject to the approval of the Community Development staff and the director.
1) Complete the Stormwater Best Management Practice (BMP) Reimbursement Application: PDF or Fillable PDF
2) Attach the following documents with the application: Associated Costs or Bids, Receipt(s), and Sketch Map of Practice Location.
3) Submit completed application prior to the start of the project:
City of Pleasant Hill
Attn: Chris Widmer
5160 Maple Dr, Suite A
Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
or email: email@example.com
4) Wait for a notification of approval prior to work.
5) Notify Iowa One Call (811) before beginning construction.
6) After work is complete, contact our office for a final inspection.
7) Projects are typically reimbursed within 30-days of a final inspection, coinciding with approval from City Council.
- The City of Pleasant Hill will provide reimbursement after project costs are incurred.
- The City of Pleasant Hill will reimburse the applicant within approximately 30 days.
- The project must be completed and receipts and application submitted to the City of Pleasant Hill within the fiscal year that it is approved.
- For reimbursement, the City requires access to your property for final inspection after the BMP is installed and a copy of your receipt is submitted.
- The property owner is solely responsible for implementation of an approved project. The City of Pleasant Hill is not liable for personal injury or property damage resulting from said work.
- Projects approved for funding carry no implied warranty by the City of Pleasant Hill.
- The funded practice must be maintained for a minimum of three years. Maintenance costs are the property owner’s responsibility.
- Must be a resident of the City of Pleasant Hill to be eligible for reimbursement.
Stormwater BMP Resources
Iowa Storm Water Education Program
Iowa Department of Natural Resources (IDNR)
Iowa Stormwater Management Manual (ISWMM)